The End is Near

 Hours: 3 hours for Second Harvest Food Bank

4 hours for St. Bernard Vaccine Clinic

4 hours for East Jefferson Hospital Meal Donation

 Total= 11 hours total

Just one more week until I say goodbye to Tulane's Pharmacology Program. This program has taught me so much and has prepared me for my future. Graduating undergrad I always thought that I would be prepared for graduate school. It was not until this past few months where I realized that this program was a glimpse of what graduate school has to offer. Much of our courses correlate with Tulane's Medical School's courses. Being able to see what life is like in graduate school made me change how I study and how I learn. Back in undergrad I always studied alone and avoided study groups. It was not until this program where I found myself reaching out to my peers for help and late night study sessions to ace my exams. Not only did I discover a new way to study and learn, but I met some of the most interesting people I can call my friends. Having a group of people going through the same things you are makes you feel like you're not alone. I think the most important lesson I was taught in this program is that there are other people out there going through the same things you are and that you're not alone. Before I entered this program I felt lost and confused about where I should be and how I'm supposed to reach my goals. Now that I'm so close to finishing this program, I feel ready to take my dental admissions test and apply to dental school. 

To quickly summarize my last month here, I volunteered at three places this month and am studying for my dental admissions test that I will be taking early July. I continued to volunteer at Second Harvest Food Bank but was given a different job- Food Sorting. My job was to check the expiration date on some food items and trash the ones that are expired. I was a part of a line of people that placed these items on a conveyer belt for distribution. I also volunteered with St. Bernard Pharmacy to give out vaccines in Metairie over the weekend. I was in charge of gathering patient's personal information and insurance. Lastly, I volunteered at my friend's local restaurant to prepare and donate hot meals to East Jefferson Hospital's healthcare faculty. We were responsible for packing the food into boxes and individually wrapping each box with plastic wrap. Between the time I was volunteering and attending the few lecture I still have left in the program, I set a schedule for myself to study for my dental admissions test. This final month has been busy, but I am prepared to graduate! 


Class of 2021


Comments