A First for Everything

Hours: 2 hours for 2 letters

The start of this master's program has been very interesting, to say the least. With a pandemic at the tips of our nose and hurricane season threatening us at our very doorsteps, I can definitely say that my beginnings in this program have indeed been bumpy. To start, I really admire the dedication and kindness that was extended from Tulane's faculty. The quick emails and helpful online tools really helped guide me through the start of this program. Due to COVID-19, our classes have been taken online with few visits to the campus for some in-person classes. With the help of Zoom, we are able to create an almost real classroom-like setting, however, I do have a furry friend beside me attending every online meeting. Who knows? Maybe my dog will come out a dentist too. With a worldwide pandemic, community services still happen, and very surprisingly it happens online, as well. This month, I have written a few letters to a couple of patients in different healthcare facilities. These patients were seeking some pen pals and wanted to hear from the rest of the world. I was able to order some colorful envelopes to fit the letters I am writing in hopes to bring a smile to these patients when they receive them. I figured sending a handwritten letter seems more appropriate since many people are so tired of all the virtual routines. Hopefully, I'll receive a letter back and hear some of their amazing stories. Well, that's all I have for you now, but surely the curse of 2020 will continue next month. Make sure to stop by!


Tracy Vu 



Comments